Are you an author? Fantastic. We adore authors. We’re seeking submissions from writers who can deliver the emotional punch readers crave. Space cowboys, gargoyles, the hunk next-door and crusty cops are welcome. Boroughs Publishing Group will not limit your imagination; we encourage creative freedom. Stick to the tropes of the genre or push the envelope, as long as you’re providing well written incredible story-telling we’re game.
We are seeking ROMANCE & WOMEN'S fiction
in the following sub-genres:
- New Adult
- Urban Fantasy
- Young Adult
- We are a Romance and Women's Fiction publishing house with digital and print on demand distribution.
- We accept non-agented and agented submissions.
- Unpublished authors please submit your entire completed MS. Published authors may submit the first three chapters of completed works.
- Standard word counts are: 40,000 - 60,000 words for novellas; 60,000 - 100,000 words for full-length novels.
- We accept all heat levels.
- The focus of the story MUST be the romance and the story must have a HEA or a HFN.
- We are not accepting Lunchbox Romance submissions at the present time.
- We are not accepting requests to republish works at the present time.
- Multiple submissions are accepted separately. If you’ve written a series, tell us, but submit the first book only. We’ll let you know if we’re interested in reading the rest.
- Simultaneous submissions are permitted, but indicate such in your Query. Please do us the courtesy and tell us if book is purchased elsewhere.
- If you haven’t heard anything after 16 weeks, send us an e-mail.
- To submit, please use our On-line Submission Tool or submit your package to Submissions@BoroughsPublishingGroup.com. No snail mail submissions.
- Please submit a synopsis of your book that summarizes the story, including the ending, that is no more than two pages long. Please title your synopsis and include the book's word count.
- Your submission must be double spaced, Times New Roman 12 point, with one inch borders, first line of chapter and POV/scene breaks flush left, submitted in MS Word with the book title, page numbers, and your name in the header flush right.
- Please proof your book carefully before submitting.
- Please submit your personal marketing plan. Don’t panic. We’re a full service publishing house. Of course we’re going to help market your book. But in this day and age, let’s be realistic. You have to be savvy about putting yourself and your work out there. Commitment to your work and your writing goals is a good thing and is essential.
WHILE WE ARE LIMITED ONLY BY YOUR IMAGINATION WE WILL NOT PUBLISH ANY WORKS THAT PROMOTE:
Rape, incest, pedophilia, necrophilia, bestiality, cruelty to animals, gay bashing, racial intolerance, or sexual encounters with characters under the age of sixteen.