Are you an author? Fantastic. We adore authors. We’re seeking submissions from writers who can deliver the emotional punch readers crave. Space cowboys, gargoyles, the hunk next-door and crusty cops welcome. Boroughs Publishing Group will not limit your imagination; we encourage creative freedom. Stick to the tropes of the genre or push the envelope, as long as you’re providing well written incredible story-telling we’re game.
We are seeking ROMANCE fiction in the following sub-genres:
- Erotic Romance
- Romantic Suspense/Thrillers
- Urban Fantasy
- Young Adult
- We are an e-publishing house with digital distribution.
- We’re accepting non-agented and agented submissions.
- Unpublished authors please submit your finished MS only. Published authors may submit first three chapters.
- Be sure to proofread your manuscript thoroughly.
- Standard word counts are: 30 - 40,000 words for novellas; 70 - 120,000 words for full-length novels. We are accepting short Romance fiction for our Lunchbox Romance line, 6,000 - 12,000 words. Please submit the full MS for Lunchbox Romances.
- We accept all heat levels, but the focus of the story MUST be the romance.
- Multiple submissions are accepted separately. If you’ve written a series, tell us, but submit the first book only. We’ll let you know if we’re interested in reading the rest.
- Simultaneous submissions are permitted, but indicate such in your Query. Please do us the courtesy and tell us if book is purchased elsewhere.
- Backlist titles are welcome. Let’s chat.
- If you haven’t heard anything after 8 weeks, send us an e-mail.
- To submit, please use our On-line Submission Tool or submit your package to Submissions@BoroughsPublishingGroup.com. No snail mail submissions.
- Please submit a synopsis of your book that summarizes the story, including the ending, that is no more than two pages long. Please title your synopsis e.g., Synopsis for Romance Novel, 85,ooo words.
- Your submission must be double spaced, Times New Roman 12 point, with one inch borders, submitted in MS Word with the book title and your name in the header flush right.
- Please submit your personal marketing plan. Don’t panic. We’re a full service publishing house. Of course we’re going to market your book. But in this day and age, let’s be realistic. You have to have some savvy about putting yourself and your work out there. Commitment to your work and your writing goals is a good thing.
WHILE WE ARE LIMITED ONLY BY YOUR IMAGINATION WE WILL NOT PUBLISH ANY WORKS THAT PROMOTE:
Rape, incest, pedophilia, necrophilia, bestiality, cruelty to animals, gay bashing, racial intolerance, sexual encounters with characters under the age of eighteen.